THE TWELVE PROMISES of DEBTORS ANONYMOUS
the program of Debtors Anonymous, we come together to share our
experience, strength and hope so that we may recover from the
disease of compulsive debting. When we work D.A.s Twelve
Steps and use the D.A. Tools, we begin to receive these gifts
of the program:
1. Where once we felt despair, we will experience a newfound hope.
2. Clarity will replace vagueness; we will intuitively
know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
3. We will live within our means, yet our means will not
4. We will begin to live a prosperous life, unencumbered
by fear, worry, resentment, or debt.
5. We will realize that we are enough; we will value ourselves
and our contributions.
6. Isolation will give way to fellowship; faith will displace
7. We will recognize that there is enough; our resources
will be generous and we will share them with others and with D.A.
8. We will cease to compare ourselves to others; jealousy
and envy will fade.
9. Acceptance and gratitude will replace regret, self-pity
10. We will no longer fear the truth; we will move from
hiding in denial to living in reality.
11. Honesty will guide our actions toward a rich life filled
with meaning and purpose.
12. We will recognize a Power Greater than ourselves as
the source of our abundance; we realize that God is doing for
us what we could not do for ourselves.
Are these extravagant promises?
We think not; they are well within our means. When we work this
program with integrity and to the best of our ability, one day
at a time, a life of prosperity and serenity will be ours.
(Approved August 19, 2001, 15th Annual World Service Conference)